There are a number of important issues that need to be addressed in our County Government. Bob Scolnik recognizes that the County Board must be held responsible for its actions and that decisions must be made on the basis of merit and good business practices.
Bob will work toward:
- Encouraging entrepreneurs to start new businesses and grow our own jobs.
looking at all county operations
with an emphasis on efficiency, need and cost/benefit.
- Development of county business and industrial parks to encourage business development.
- More careful attention to budgeting of major projects to eliminate cost overruns and ensuring that the County always operates with a balanced budget.
- Trying to get more public participation in County government along with a major emphasis on economic development and the encouragement of business that will create jobs with good wages and benefits.
- The preservation of our environment with particular emphasis on our water resources.
- Increasing pressure on our federal and state representatives to help with the clean up of our polluted land and water.
- Treating all county employees – including retirees and county vendors – fairly, honestly and with respect.
Bob’s Guiding Principles
- One of the key principles that has always guided my approach to government is the idea that the citizen is a valued customer of the government. Government only exists to serve the citizen, not the other way around. I will work to make sure that government services are convenient, friendly and efficient.
- I believe that the proper function of government is to do for the people those things that have to be done but cannot be done as effectively by individuals, and that the most effective government is government closest to the people.
- I believe that good government is based on the individual and that each person’s ability, dignity, freedom and responsibility must be honored and recognized.
- I believe that free enterprise and the encouragement of individual initiative and incentive have given this nation an economic system second to none.
- I believe that sound
money management should be our goal.
I believe in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, age, sex or national origin. I believe that persons with disabilities should be afforded equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity as well.
- I believe we must retain those principles of the past worth retaining, yet always be receptive to new ideas with an outlook broad enough to accommodate thoughtful change and varying points of view.