Serving Norton Shores
I have had the privilege of serving the citizens of Norton Shores as a City Councilman from 1991 to 2001 and then as your County Commissioner from 2002 through today.
As your County Commissioner, I’m very concerned about the future of Muskegon County. I’ve put a lot of time and effort over the last twenty years to try and help make this community a better place to live. The future growth of our local economy, while maintaining our quality of life, is my most important platform as your County Commissioner.
A new initiative I’m working on involves the creation of new jobs and businesses in our area by promoting entrepreneurism. I’ve created a new title for myself: Entrepromoter. As someone who has started businesses all his life and successfully created about 100 jobs, I think I can talk to people with ideas and dreams and encourage them to act on their ideas. Muskegon has a long and proud history of startups and we need to ignite the potential entrepreneurs in our community. I need to be reelected to have a public platform to work on this new initiative.
To illustrate my involvement in our community, here is a list of some of my accomplishments within Muskegon County:
- Fundraiser, organizer and presenter of the 2012 Muskegon 4th of July Fireworks display
- Muskegon County Commissioner, 2002–present
- Legacy of Caring Award 2011: United Way's highest honor for people making a difference
- 2011 Governor's Service Award finalist for Michigan Senior Volunteer of the Year, one of five finalists statewide
- Former Chairman of United Way and Campaign Chair
- Former Chairman, Muskegon Area Chamber of Commerce
- Former President of the Muskegon Rotary Club
- Served as a Norton Shores City Councilman for over 10 years
- Former President and Chairman of Hackley Visiting Nurses and Hospice
- Former President of the Michigan Pine & Dunes Girl Scout Council
- Recipient of Muskegon County’s “Entrepreneur of the Year” Award
- Recipient of the 2008 Liberty Bell Award from the Muskegon Bar Association
- Named 2009 “Muskegon Agent of Change” by the Muskegon Chamber of Commerce
- Board member, Michigan Association of Counties
I am running for reelection as your County Commissioner in November. I believe I have brought the same ideas and principles that helped build Norton Shores and helped me build a dozen successful businesses … to the Muskegon County Commission. I’ve brought common sense and sound fiscal responsibility to the County, helping reduce our budget by over $13,000,000. I’ve helped make some terrific strides forward and I pledge to continue to work hard for you – the Citizens of Norton Shores and Muskegon County – as your County Commissioner. I will continue to work to move this county forward, to improve the lives of all its citizens and protect our natural resources.
I ask for your vote in November!
2014 General Election
Please Vote in the
November 4, 2014
Polls open at 7 am
Help keep Bob working for you
by voting for
Read The Rest of the Story!
See my facebook page
Read my 2014 year-end
Learn about the Veteran's Memorial Park cannon restoration project.
Click Here to read a recent article in The Muskegon Tribune highlighting Bob